MONDAY, APRIL 27, 2009
- The general contractor continued finishing drywall in the 1st Floor lounge.
- Crews continued installing ceiling grid in the 1st Floor lounge.
- They finished painting the auditorium.
- The ceiling grid contractor continued repairing the 2nd Floor front hallway ceiling.
- The cleaning contractor continued cleaning offices on the 3rd Floor.
- Duplicating and Printing was relocated from their temporary location in the Residence Hall to Rooms 110, 111 and 111A.
- Facility Services continued making electrical repairs on the 1st and 3rd Floors and painting rooms on the 2nd and 3rd Floors.
LIONS/LSU CLINIC PERMANENT REPAIRS AND MITIGATION:
- The contractor installed new sprinkler lines in the landscaping at the front of the building; replacing lines that were removed during the excavation for the new exterior stairwell.
- They began installing the extension of the metal platform on the roof for the electrical panel.
- Workers installed carpet on the Gravier St. side of the 6th Floor.
- They continue installing trim for the windows of the stair tower at the 4th and 5th levels.
- Crews are installing the shaft walls of the stairwell at the 2nd and 3rd levels.
- The new shaft walls on the 4th through the 6th levels are being taped and floated.
- Workers continued to waterproof the granite wall panels on the new stairwell.
- The electrical contractor began terminating the new fiber cables in the 6th Floor network closet.
- They ran wire for the sump pumps in the elevator pits.
- Door closures were installed on the Bolivar St. side of the 6th Floor.
- The contractor patched the opening in the ceiling of the elevator lobby.
- The contractor abated the floor in the room.
RESIDENCE HALL LOBBY EXPANSION:
- The contractor completed installing ceiling grid for the sheetrock ceiling underneath the mezzanine level of the A & B Towers and in the expanded lobby area.
- The contractor continued installing ceiling grid for the acoustical ceiling between the B & C Towers.
- The contractor cored holes for floor boxes between the A & B Towers .
MEB 2ND FLOOR LOBBY RENOVATIONS:
- The contractor installed surface mount lights on the Bolivar Street side of the lobby.
- They taped and floated the walls around the new doors across from the elevators.
MEB PHARMACOLOGY LAB RENOVATIONS:
- The contractor continued installing receptacle raceways and light fixtures in the laboratory area.
ALLIED HEALTH/NURSING RE-ROOFING PROJECT:
- The contractor removed the remaining portions of the old roof and installed the temporary cap over those areas of the roof.
- This phase of the work is complete on the roof of the building.
- The contractor removed approximately three quarters of the old roof from the walkway roof and started installing insulation and the cap sheet.
DENTAL SCHOOL AUDITORIUMS A
& B RENOVATIONS:
- The contractor installed sheetrock and floor tile in Room 4202B.