TUESDAY, APRIL 7, 2009
1542 TULANE AVE. :
- The general contractor continued finishing the new drywall in Rooms 341, 342, and 343.
- They continued painting the walls and installing ceiling grid in the 2nd Floor lounge.
- The mechanical contractor continued installing plumbing in the 1st Floor lounge.
- The network wiring contractor continued installing new drops in the 3rd Floor offices.
- The roll-up door contractor adjusted the controller for the new garage roll-up door.
- Facility Services continued painting and completing electrical repairs on the 2nd and 3rd Floors.
- Facility Services completed installing shrubs in the rear of the Resource Center along S. Prieur St .
CLINIC PERMANENT REPAIRS AND MITIGATION:
- The contractor installed VCT in the 2nd Floor entry way to the new build out.
- Crews installed new countertops in the computer lounge.
- They installed ceiling grid on the 6th Floor, Gravier/S. Prieur Street side.
- Cove base was installed around the 6th Floor reception desk.
- The granite cap was installed at the top of the new stairwell.
- Workers installed ceiling tile in the 1st Floor lobby area.
- Crews continued painting on the 1st Floor, S. Prieur/CSRB side.
- They completed waterproofing the freight elevator pit.
- The electrical contractor roughed in for new exit lights on the 5th Floor, Gravier Street side.
- They installed lights and receptacles on the 1st Floor, Gravier Street side.
- AT&T continued to install wires in the new room on the 2nd Floor to allow for the transfer of the phone line connections from the 1st Floor to the 2nd Floor.
- The contractor installed wall covering in the small multimedia room.
- The contractor made minor repairs to the display cases.
- LSUHSC Facility Services electricians installed egg lights and receptacles in the multimedia rooms.
2nd FLOOR LOBBY RENOVATIONS:
- The contractor installed sheetrock on the soffit across from the elevator.
PHARMACOLOGY LAB RENOVATIONS:
- The casework contractor continued installing the peninsular casework in Room 5219.
HALL LOBBY EXPANSION:
- The interior contractor continued installing sheetrock and taped and floated the fur down in the expanded lobby area.
- The contractor continued relocating the fire sprinkler heads between the A and B Towers.
- The contractor demolished the old network closet.
- The contractor removed the roof section parallel to Gravier St around the elevator penthouse and applied the two-ply temporary roof.
AUDITORIUM A & B RENOVATIONS:
- The electrical contractor installed Unistrut in the elevator lobby for the additional overhead conduit.
6TH AND 8TH FLOOR LAB RENOVATIONS:
- The architect held the inspection by the State Fire Marshall.
- Both the 6th & 8th Floor fire alarms passed inspection.