MAY 27, 2009
1542 TULANE AVE. :
- The contractor installed door hardware for the double doors of Room 109 and the new door in the 1st Floor lobby area that leads to the basement.
- Facility Services continues painting and electrical repairs on the 2nd Floor.
- LSUHSC Facility Services planted shrubs along South Roman St. adjacent to the MEB and installed new tree grates in the sidewalks around the building.
CLINIC PERMANENT REPAIRS AND MITIGATION:
- The electrical contractor removed the old ATS cabinets, wire, and pipe on the 1st Floor and began testing the new fire pump.
- The mechanical contractor installed roof drains strainers on new stairwell.
- The contractor installed 5th and 6th Floor magnetic door holders at the stairwell.
- They painted the 1st Floor CSRB side door frames and the 1st Floor walls of the new stairwell.
- Workers continued to install the ceiling in the computer lounge of the 6th Floor.
8th FLOOR NETWORK CLOSET:
- The contractor removed walls of the network closet.
HALL LOBBY EXPANSION:
- The floor contractor sealed and covered the floor in the expanded lobby area.
- The contractor framed the stairwell wall on the 4th Floor.
AIR HANDLING UNIT REPLACEMENT:
- Facility Services continued staging temporary air conditioning units to support the temporary air conditioning for 6th and 7th Floor Quadrant D.
2ND FLOOR LOBBY RENOVATIONS:
- The contractor began installing the metal wall panel trim in front of Lecture Hall B.
MDL 3 RENOVATIONS:
- The contractor completed installing sheetrock and insulation around the steel track.
- The contractor disconnected receptacles and removed ceiling grid and tiles in the corridor where the alcove is being built for the copy machine.
PHARMACOLOGY LAB RENOVATIONS:
- The contractor continued working on general cleaning in the lab area.
HEALTH/NURSING RE-ROOFING PROJECT:
- The contractor installed base sheet along the parapet wall on the S. Roman St. side of the roof.
- The contractor began installing the pitch pan for the exhaust fan on the loading dock side of building.
AUDITORIUMS A & B RENOVATIONS:
- The contractor finished installing additional framing and acoustical wall panels in Auditorium A along the east and west walls.
- The north wall and wing wall remain unfinished.
- The electrical contractor installed conduit for the lectern in Auditorium B.