THURSDAY, MAY 7, 2009
- The general contractor continued cleaning the auditorium floor.
- Facility Services continued making electrical repairs and painting on the 2nd and 3rd Floors.
- They patched and painted Room 312B.
- Facility Services planted Algerian Ivy under the rear corner of the Resource Center .
LIONS/LSU PERMANENT REPAIRS AND
- The contractor installed plants in the new landscaping area.
- Crews grouted the 1st floor marble wall tile and the 1st Floor restrooms wall tile.
- Workers continue to install restroom partitions.
- The final coat of epoxy was applied to the floors in the old PBX room, the mechanical room, the electrical room, the control room and the stairwell on the 1st Floor.
- Workers continued to install metal for the mullions in the stairwell.
- They cleaned the granite floors on the 1st Floor
- The electrical contractor installed wire for the 1600 amp breaker for the fire pump motor on the roof and began piping in the 1600 amp breaker on the 2nd Floor.
- The contractor painted the elevator lobby ceiling, installed wall covering in the elevator lobby, and installed fire sprinkler caps.
- The contractor tested the fire alarm devices.
MEB AIR HANDLING UNIT REPLACEMENT:
- The contractor continued piping rooftop unit number one.
- They completed connections to the existing ductwork, insulated the piping, installed the control cabinet, made the electrical connections and started the unit.
- The balancing and testing has begun.
- The contractor disconnected ductwork and piping leading to the existing rooftop unit number two and made preparations to install the new unit.
RESIDENCE HALL LOBBY EXPANSION:
- The interior contractor began taping and floating the wall in the back corner lobby area on S. Roman St. and Poydras Ave.
- The interior contractor continued running wires for the fire alarm devices throughout the lobby area.
MEB 2nd FLOOR LOBBY RENOVATIONS:
- The contractor installed metal trim for the wall panels near the elevators.
MEB PHARMACOLOGY LAB RENOVATIONS:
- The contractor completed installing the ceiling tiles.
- They completed the installation of the VCT.
- The network wiring contractor continued pulling network wires in the admin area.
DENTAL SCHOOL AUDITORIUMS A
& B RENOVATIONS:
- The contractor completed ceiling tile installation in Auditorium A, and started in Auditorium B.