WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 13, 2010
ALLIED HEALTH/NURSING BLDG PERMANENT REPAIRS & MITIGATION:
- The contractor applied the 2nd and 3rd coats of stucco to the stairwells along Bolivar and Gravier Street and continued applying the first coat in the Tiger Room.
- The contractor ran copper piping for the 2nd Floor AHU.
RESIDENCE HALL PERMANENT REPAIRS & MITIGATION:
- The contractor continued installing piping for the domestic water pumps.
- They continued installing insulation on the roof of the new building.
RESOURCE CENTER PERMANENT REPAIRS & MITIGATION:
- The contractor installed steel reinforcement in the concrete forms for the elevator shaft walls at the freight elevator.
- Workers began installing the metal lathe on the walls in Room 125.
DENTAL AHU REPLACEMENT PROJECT:
- A new project is getting underway at the Dental School campus. The air handling units located on each floor of the Clinic and Administration Buildings supply heating and cooling throughout each floor. The existing units are original to the 1970s era structures and are in need of replacement.
- The contractor delivered the first two air handling units (AHUs) to the site.
CEB COVERED WALKWAY:
- The contractor continued building formwork for entire length of sidewalk and commenced installing reinforcing bars in the sidewalk forms from the District Energy garage to the Clinical Education Bldg.