MONDAY, NOVEMBER 22, 2010
ALLIED HEALTH PERMANENT REPAIRS & MITIGATION:
- The contractor continued to insulate the new heating hot water lines.
- Crews hung additional sheet rock along the MEB side of the auditorium, set electrical receptacles and installed studs for the mechanical room behind the auditorium.
RESIDENCE HALL PERMANENT REPAIRS & MITIGATION:
- The contractor terminated electrical wires at the ATS on the 2nd Floor.
RESOURCE CENTER PERMANENT REPAIRS & MITIGATION:
- The contractor installed the card reader for the freight elevator.
- The state elevator inspector approved the freight elevator for normal use.
CEB PERMANENT REPAIRS & MITIGATION:
- The contractor relocated the transformer in the basement.
- They provided a temporary feeder from the generator to the panel and removed the original feeder.
CEB COVERED WALKWAY:
- The contractor began installing reinforcing steel for the walkway connecting to the canopy closest to the Medical School Building.
- Workers continued erecting steel supports for the canopy.
DOWNTOWN CAMPUS ELEVATED WALKWAY RESURFACING:
NOTICE: A contractor will resurface the elevated walkway with a durable surface intended to last several years. On Saturday, November 20th the contractor will begin removing the old walking surface. Prior to resurfacing, access to the elevated walkway will be closed in accordance with the schedule below:
- The Clinical Sciences Research Building walkway will be closed beginning at 12 Noon on Wednesday, November 24th, prior to the Thanksgiving holiday, through Sunday, November 28th at 1:30 PM. Access to the CSRB will be available from the Lions/LSU Clinics Building 1st floor entrance and the connecting bridge to CSRB from the 5th floor of the Lions/LSU Clinics Building.
- Beginning at 6:00 PM on Wednesday, November 24th, through 1:30 PM on Sunday, November 28th the walkway will be closed from the S. Roman Street parking garage, the Lions/LSU Clinics Building, the Allied Health/School of Nursing Building, the Clinical Sciences Research Building, and the Medical Education Building.
- The Library in the Resource Center Building will close at 6:00 PM on Wednesday, November 24th, and will reopen at 1:30 PM on Sunday, November 28th.
During the holiday, access to the Allied Health/School of Nursing Building and the Medical Education Building will be through the front doors on the first floor of the respective buildings. Access to the Resource Center Building for authorized Computer Services, Campus Police and Facilities personnel only will be through the loading dock. Access to the Lions/LSU Clinics Building and the Clinical Sciences Research Building will be through the Lions/LSU Clinics Building's front door on the first floor. The connecting bridge on the fifth floor of the Lions/LSU Clinics Building will provide access to the CSRB. Preparations for the resurfacing are underway.
- The contractor sanded the entire walkway surface and applied primer and leveling filler on the Lions/LSU Clinics Building and CSRB bridges over the weekend.