MONDAY, JANUARY 3, 2011
ALLIED HEALTH/NURSING BLDG PERMANENT REPAIRS & MITIGATION:
- The contractor continued running conduit for fixtures and receptacles on the 1st and 2nd floors.
- Workers are constructing the ceiling fur-downs in the auditoriums.
- The contractor primed and painted along the ceiling grid line.
- The architect approved the paint sample in room 138.
- The contractor continued to correct flaws in the stucco on the 1st Floor.
- The steel beams for the generator platform were hung in the existing switchgear room on the 1st Floor.
RESOURCE CENTER PERMANENT REPAIRS & MITIGATION:
- The contractor installed the vibration isolator on the emergency generator.
CEB PERMANENT REPAIRS & MITIGATION:
- The contractor continued installing electrical conduits in the basement to relocate existing electrical panels to the 1st Floor.
CEB COVERED WALKWAY:
- The contractor continued finishing the concrete for the two staircases.
- They began installing the tapered supports for the canopy closest to the Clinical Education Building.
CSRB EXHAUST UPGRADE:
- The contractor installed the rectangular exhaust duct that crosses the main supply duct on the 1st Floor.
- Crews continued installing electrical conduit on 7th Floor near the freight elevator.
DENTAL SCHOOL AHU REPLACEMENT:
- The contractor installed the chilled water supply and return valves on the risers for the clinic area.
- They installed the heating hot water supply and return valves on the risers for the clinic area.
- Workers started the demolition of units 8B (Oral Pathology) and 8D (Gross Anatomy lab).
DENTAL SCHOOL ABATEMENT PROJECT:
- The contractor completed the 1st phase of abatement and passed all clearances.
DENTAL SCHOOL LIGHTING REPLACEMENT PROJECT:
- The contractor replaced 300 light fixtures in the 2nd and 4th Floor clinic areas, and in the 7th Floor pre-clinical laboratories.
ALLIED HEALTH/NURSING BLDG NETWORK CLOSET:
- The contractor removed the two doors and door frames leading into the lecture halls, removed the ceiling and started removing floor tile in the triangle room.