THURSDAY, MARCH 31, 2011
ALLIED HEALTH/NURSING BLDG PERMANENT REPAIRS & MITIGATION:
- The contractor continued installing the new electrical box on the exterior of the building and additional light fixtures in the 2nd Floor corridors along Gravier Street.
- They continued welding structural steel below the walkway along the Gravier Street side of the building.
- All of the glass partitions have been installed on the 1st Floor.
- The contractor installed sheetrock, then taped and floated both 1st Floor restroom ceilings.
- The frame for the first sliding glass door was installed on the walkway bridge.
RESIDENCE HALL PERMANENT REPAIRS & MITIGATION:
- The contractor installed 5 more doors on the 1st Floor of the main building.
- The original building switch gear was disconnected and the related penetration in the transformer vault was sealed.
RESOURCE CENTER PERMANENT REPAIRS & MITIGATION:
- The contractor continued installing heat exchanger piping.
- Workers shot-blasting the 1st Floor corridor and mechanical rooms in preparation for the epoxy flooring installation.
CEB PERMANENT REPAIRS & MITIGATION:
- The contractor erected forms for the concrete walls that will surround and protect passenger elevator #7 in the basement.
- Crews removed non-operating electrical equipment and associated conduits in the basement.
- They continued welding and installing 8-inch chilled water pipes in the basement.
CEB COVERED WALKWAY:
- The contractor continued installing metal roof panels and flashing on the intermediate canopy closest to the District Energy Garage.
CSRB EXHAUST UPGRADE:
- The contractor relocated two vent lines in the 1st Floor feed room.
DENTAL SCHOOL AHU REPLACEMENT PROJECT:
- The contractor continued installing control wires for the AHUs near Oral Pathology and Gross Anatomy.
- The electrical contractor continued installing new electrical wire for 2 of 4 units in the penthouse.
- The contractor installed isolation valves on the heating hot water risers for Floors 3 through 7 on the B side of the Clinic Building.
DENTAL SCHOOL BLDG EXTERIOR WATERPROOFING:
- The contractor finished installing new caulk on the cross-over section between the Clinic & Administration Buildings.
- This section is serving as a mock up to allow the architects and LSUHSC to evaluate the installation methodology and compliance with the specifications.
- Crews continued pressure washing the east side of the Clinic Building.
DENTAL SCHOOL LIGHTING REPLACEMENT PROJECT:
- The contractor replaced an additional 10 light fixtures on the 3rd Floor of the Clinic Building with new high-efficiency fixtures.
DENTAL CAMPUS PARKING LOT LIGHTING:
- The contractor continues to wire the new light poles.