FRIDAY, MAY 6, 2011
RESIDENCE HALL PERMANENT REPAIRS & MITIGATION:
- The contractor continued painting the domestic water pump room on the 2nd Floor.
- The sprinkler pipes in the fire pump room were painted.
RESOURCE CENTER PERMANENT REPAIRS & MITIGATION:
- The contractor insulated heating water piping in the fire pump room.
- Sheetrock was hung in the housekeeping closet.
CEB PERMANENT REPAIRS & MITIGATION:
- The contractor drove 24 of 110 wooden piles in the Lakeside lot. The piles will support the foundation of the new elevated mechanical/electrical/plumbing structure.
- They continued installing electrical wires on the 1st Floor and erecting forms for the elevator shaft wall in the basement.
CSRB EXHAUST UPGRADE:
- The contractor began painting the plaster ceiling on the 1st Floor.
CEB COVERED WALKWAY:
- The contractor began installing the roof decking on canopy B at the end of the covered walkway closest to the Clinical Education Building.
DENTAL SCHOOL AHU REPLACEMENT PROJECT:
- The contractor tested all spiral ductwork in the penthouse and 8th Floor of the Clinic Building. The duct work passed and is now ready for insulation.
- Crews continued installing heating hot water lines for units 8A and 8D. They completed 3 of 4 tie-ins for unit 8A and continued to run the main branch lines for unit 8D.
- They continued installing the main chilled water lines for unit 8A.
- The contractor continued installing fresh and return air ductwork in the 2nd Floor mechanical room in the Administration Building.
DENTAL SCHOOL BLDG EXTERIOR WATERPROOFING PROJECT:
- The contractor continued removing existing caulk.
- They installed new caulk on the north and east side of the Clinic Building and on the south side of the Administration Building.